CIDOB (Barcelona Centre for International Affairs) opens a research fellow position for its area of Migrations, in particular for the Whole-COMM project with the possibility of working on other projects. The candidate will participate in the research related to the integration processes of recently arrived immigrants in small and medium-sized towns and rural areas.
The Whole-COMM Project, funded by the European Commission through its H2020 programme, promotes scientific knowledge about the dynamics and causal mechanisms that influence the complex relationship between integration policies and Community cohesion. This is through a comparative approach between countries (8 EU and 2 non-EU) and between localities (40), and a mixed methodology that combines qualitative and quasi-experimental techniques, an attitude survey and a quantitative analysis on the impact of policies on social cohesion and immigrant integration trajectories.
- PhD degree in social sciences or humanities, particularly on migration policies and/or inclusion of migrants.
- Five years of experience in the field of research in migration and integration policies and processes.
- Track record of publishing research articles in high impact academic journals, think tank papers and other relevant forums.
- An excellent knowledge of English spoken and written. Fluency in Spanish. A good command of other languages would be an advantage.
- Ability to solve problems, analytical skills, ability to work both autonomously and with an international team.
- Research in the Whole-COMM project on integration processes of recently arrived immigrants in small and medium-size towns and rural areas. Writing of the national report for the Spanish case study in the different work packages of the project; and writing of the comparative final report in the work package coordinated by CIDOB.
- Produce academic articles, scientific reports and CIDOB publications policy-oriented and for the general audience. Participate in mass media channels to disseminate research results.
-Take the lead in planning and organising activities and conferences.
- Participate in the activities and projects of the Migration Area and in the meetings of the research team and collaborate with other research areas at CIDOB.
- Participate in communication and dissemination activities of the Migrations area at CIDOB.
More information: Call for a Research Fellow for the Whole-COMM project on Migrations