Next June 18-20, the Institute of Graduate Management Studies (HEM), the Moroccan partner of the SAHWA Project, will host the second plenary meeting of the project in Rabat. All 15 partners of the project, their scientific coordinators, youth survey experts and fieldwork coordinators will participate in the meeting, as well as the members of the SAHWA Scientific Advisory Panel. The participants will discuss the Concept Paper for the SAHWA project and the seven Background Papers, setting out a state of the art on each of the research themes and the key research questions to focus on during the empirical phase of the project. These Background Papers will explore a range of topics and issues related to youth in the Arab Mediterranean countries:
- Employment, Education and Social Inclusion
- Institutions, Laws and Practices Hampering Women Engagement
- Youth Culture, Values, Representations and Social Conditions
- Youth Mobilization and Political Participation
- Experiences in Transition and Transformation from Europe and Elsewhere
- Public Policies and International Cooperation
- A SAHWA Youth Survey in Arab Mediterranean Countries
During the next year, the SAHWA Project will focus on anthropological fieldwork in local context and the implementation of a region-wide youth survey to collect evidence on these research questions.
A public event entitled “Youth Surveys in the Arab World, Challenges and Lessons”, will culminate this meeting on Friday 20 June 2014.