The CIDOB International Yearbook (www.anuariocidob.org) is an annual publication dedicated to the analysis and study of international relations and politics. Published without interruption since 1990, over its 29 editions the CIDOB International Yearbook has established itself as a standard work for experts and academics in international studies and a key Spanish-language tool for analysing international dynamics, drivers of change and future challenges in international politics, security and economics.
On the occasion of its thirtieth edition, CIDOB is launching a call for papers aimed at experts and analysts born after 1989 in order to encourage a renewed vision of today’s international challenges.
The call seeks texts that fit into one (or several) of the following categories:
- Wide angle: major issues in international relations and politics, the international order, global governance, security, etc.
- Global economics: macroeconomic trends and dynamics, international trade, the fourth industrial revolution and new technologies, sustainable development, new vectors of economic growth, etc.
- Climate change: environmental policies, the fight against climate change, good practices, etc.
- Feminism: new trends in international feminism, global solidarity, feminist policies, etc.
Length of the texts submitted
The papers submitted must be no longer than 2,000 words, include an abstract at the beginning (100 words) and a brief biographical note about the author.
Timetable of receipt, selection and publication of texts:
- January 31th 2020: Deadline for texts to be sent.
- February 28th 2020: Authors are notified of the results of the selection process.
- June 2020: Publication of the papers selected in the 2020 edition of the CIDOB International Yearbook.
- The editorial board of the CIDOB International Yearbook will base its selection on the papers received. The board reserves the right to declare the contest void following the process of evaluating the texts received.
- As with all the papers included in the CIDOB International Yearbook, the final texts will be submitted to the correction and editing processes of CIDOB's editorial team.
- All written communication should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email’s title must include the words “Call for papers: CIDOB International Yearbook 2020”.
- All authors will receive confirmation of the receipt of their paper and notification of the result of the selection process.
- The papers selected (up to a maximum of three) will be published in the printed and digital editions of the Yearbook.
- The papers will be disseminated through the CIDOB website and social networks.
- Authors of texts selected for publication will receive payment of 250 euros gross for the use of the work, in line with the Yearbook's current rate.
- Authors must be at most 30 years old on January 31th 2020.
- Works must be original and unpublished.
- Proposals must be submitted in Spanish or English.